Monday 28 November 2011

I'm ok, I'm here, don't panic he he!

Well I must be the worlds worst blogger, where did this month go?

I'm so sorry I went missing, I seem to be apologising for this a lot lately, life just got stupidly busy and it's the end of the year and I'm tired.....

So what have I been up to, well I made my 2 dresses, yes I promise I will take pictures, but I haven't yet, but I did make this


Out of this! However the complicated neckline looked bloody awful. Really didn't sit right, so I had to work with it, I did ok in the end and got lots of compliments which was nice, I promise I will put full make up on & the jewellery I wore and take a pic, honest!


I then added a black velvet top to the dress made out of this, that didn't fit. The skirt fit so I just adapted it to the new top half. I got lots of compliments in this too, promise I will take pics.


Then of course I went to the Rhythm Riot, did I have fun, yep, did I take pics, nope, I really am the worst type of blogger ever, I do interesting stuff I just get all excited whilst I'm there and well, I forget! Perhaps I should quit blogging, or just get my act together anyway.

I saw some great bands at the Rhythm Riot, including these guys Lil Mo and the Dynaflos who I've never seen before they were fabulous live! One of the best bands of the weekend.




oooh I tell a lie I took a couple of pics on my phone, first up this is in the chalet with my friends, and it was only 5pm on the first day, those glasses had/have huge cocktails in, talk about peaking too soon!



And I got some fabulous new saddle shoes from Rocket Originals, they are gorgeous and a slightly amended style, and I have to confess they are even better than their first ones!  Here is a pic in the apartment at Pontins, note the very luxurious carpet ;o)


Just before I went to the Rhythm Riot I finally found out what is up with my knee, remember how well I was doing exercising then I had a pesky knee problem that stopped me in my tracks. Well I thought a bit of physio and all would be good. Sadly not, I need an op, I have torn my cartilage, I guess it explains the pain, but it's blumming annoying well and painful! So now I just have to wait, apparently I shouldn't have to wait to long but still it'll be too long for me I'm sure. The Rhythm Riot didn't help on the knee front, getting drunk and thinking I could dance through the pain is not a good idea, let me tell you now you can't, I nearly didn't make it downstairs it hurt so much, that'll teach me, or will it?!!

Post Rhythm Riot has been recovery, it's true, I used to go to these events, come home and go out that night, now it takes me a good week to recover, it's shameful!

So there you go, I've been up to a lot, just forgot to take photos, shame on me!

15 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

So sorry to hear about your knee! Do take fish oil to help it out. The dress looks like a mind boggling undertaking. Of course, WEARING a dress seems a mind boggling undertaking to moi - can't wait for photos of your creations.

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks for the advise but I'm veggie so no fish oil for me but thanks!

LandGirl1980 said...

Hope your knee feels better soon :) RR sounded like it was a blast :)

Coedith said...

Nice to see you again! I think it is better to enjoy the fun stuff you do than to stop and take pics throughout. It gets in the way of the moment. Although I would love to see your photos. You are a wonderful blogger!

So sorry you need an operation on your knee! Seems like when it rains it pours, so to speak.

Vix said...

I'm rubbish at taking photos when I'm out and about, too.
Sorry about your knee. My brother had that op and got over it really quickly, I'm sure you'll be the same. xxx

Unknown said...

O my im so sorry to hear about your knee hope the op comes around soon for you. Please please post a photo of your dresses i would love to see them. Those shoes are really cute. dee x

doradadama said...

Amor,
Hope your knee is better,you sound like you had loads of fun. love your cute saddle shoes.
besos

Vintage Christine said...

Flaxseed oil does the same as fish oil, I'm pretty sure. I think a great big gaggle of us bloggers have been bad about blogging and hopefully we've all done whatever it was that needed to be done and we'll all come back. DO NOT STOP! Regarding those saddle shoes, I remember having to wear them when I was a kid and I HATED them, mainly due to the fact that back then they were practically orthopedic shoes (which may be WHY Mom made us wear them). Of course now they're just too darn cute!

In The Heyday said...

Looking forward to the dress pics. The fabric for both of them is gorgeous

Miss Magpie said...

Can't wait to see the frocks! Ach I know what you mean about taking longer to recover, I often have to take the next day off work if I have been out!
Look after that knee. x

Miss Rayne said...

Lookomh fprward to seeing your dress pics, I've just got the fabric, to make my draped neck dress, when i was in London

Jemima said...

No photos!! :( The fabric looks just gorgeous - glad you had a good time at R&R! x

Retro Chick said...

Oooh, can't wait to see the dress on!

Hope your knee recovers soon xx

Lucky La Rocka said...

Hello m'dear ! x

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Hello there!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...