Wednesday 31 August 2011

Old Picture Post

No not the mag, old pictures of me!

A suggestion from the lovely Coedith of Life in a Pink House blog fame was to post some pictures up of some of my past and present collection of vintage clothes with me IN them! Sadly I can't take any right now, I don't fit into most of them which makes me sad, however a remedy is under way and that's all I'll say for now....

So this is very picture heavy, but it is some lovely clothes that I either still have or parted with long ago and these pictures make me regret it, however if I'd kept everything I would need more that a double 6ft rail I'd need an entire house to keep it all!

Here goes!

First up is that beautiful blue beaded dress in 2 separate pictures, one picture I love, it's one of my favourites from when I was singing, the second is probably more accurately me on a night out, I look like such a lush ha ha!

Professional singer


Lush!!


I LOVE this skirt, I no longer have it, but I love the print!


This dress and bolero were so stunning, I got rid of it a long time ago, it didn't fit and I was broke and it's so stunning I got good money for it, but what a shame, it's so beautiful and you really don't find things like that easily these days.


I loved this dress but sadly this one fell apart, although the top is velvet with rhinestones the bottom was taffeta and very delicate, it didn't make it.


This really was one of my favourite Hawaiian style dresses ever, look at that colour, stunning! I don't have this anymore either :o(


This outfit I lost to moths, I know unbelievable, well obviously not the whole outfit, but it was ruined which is weird as we've never had any problem with moths, but for some reason they got hold of this and that was it.


I sold this only last year, the girl who bought it had seen me on stage in it and remembered it, when she tried it on, not only did it fit like a dream but she was really proud to have it, so I'm really glad it went to a good home!



I still have this lovely dress and bolero to this day, I don't think I'll ever part with it I love it and I'm not a million miles away from fitting it, so it's going nowhere!


And last but not least my beloved gold lurex number, won't ever part with this either, not a million miles away for it, can't wait to wear it again!


Hope you liked the old pics, hope you see some new pics of me wearing some of this again soon!

21 comments:

Rosie Alia said...

What beautiful dresses, and you look gorgeous in all of them...even the one of you as a lush. Tee hee!
My favourite is the one of you in the yellow dress and bolero set. Gorgeous!

xx

onevintagelady said...

What a picturesque walk through your past. You were lovely then and still are now. Hope it won't be too long before you can wear your favourite frocks again.

Vintage Christine said...

Ooooo--the lurex one is my fav--anything that glitters makes me swoon. And Wild Earl looks pretty darn snappy in the pix, too!!!

Used-to-Bees said...

What a lot of great photos and great outfits! You could help but have fun dressed so well!
x

doradadama said...

What a sexy starlet amor,adore your red hot hair/ love all your dresses,especially lurex and yellow bolero set.
lush is my fave photo of you.
hope you can model us some dresses soon.

Vix said...

You do look like a fabulous film star, so glamorous with the most amazing wardrobe.
I loved that skirt but that outfit you sold last year is just beautiful. x

Unknown said...

WOW YOU HOT MAMA! THOSE DRESSES ARE AMAZING DARLING - YOU ARE A NICE BIT OF TOTTY GORGEOUS GIRL! X

Kim said...

I love your posts with old photos and your fabulous clothes!

Dolly Cool Clare said...

I bet your amazing wardrobe is worth a fortune! You have owned some very special pieces over the years, and I hope we see you in some of them again soon :)

Tasha said...

What fabulous photos, you have/had such awesome dresses!

Tempest said...

You're so flipping stylish :) You have amazing taste, I'm quite jealous. Love the colour of that blue/teal Hawaiian dress - is that when you were touring?

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Hi Tempest, yes that was touring! Thank you!

Thanks all for your lovely comments :o)

Helga said...

Yay,love old pix!! You've had the most gorgeous wardrobe!! Such great style!!
O,and how could I possibly hate you for offering your opinion on the pink 2 piece?! Dag!!! I really needed some advice/ideas/opinions!! It's not often I'm stumped by a frock,and the colour of this has put me off.But this weekend I'm gonna see if I can work it!
XXXXXXXX

Vintage Coconut said...

Wow such lovely outfits. You look fabulous in all of your pictures!
Thank you for sharing.

Coedith said...

yay! Love all of these! The one in the skirt, tied white button up and braids in your hair might be my favorite. Are you in Arizona? It's neat seeing you and Paul through the years.
You look happy and beautiful in all-and on stage you are beaming joy.

Straight Talking Mama! said...

aw thanks! you know what we're in Spain, Paul also said was that Arizona, it looks like it doesn't it but no Spain!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

So beautiful! And the clothes are lovely!!

I remember wearing one of my Moms dresses, already vintage at the time, and once I got to where I was going, I discovered the thread was deteriorated, or deteriorating, and the seams were coming open! I suppose that's one reason why I am shy to wear vintage! Yikes!

Kitty said...

all so gorgeous, I'm sure you'll get back into them, I'd keep them regardless.xx.

Retro Chick said...

You're so gorgeous! Your hair is absolutely wonderful!

Andi B. Goode said...

I love seeing old(er) photos of people. These are all so lovely. Gorgeous! =D
-Andi x

Rocket Originals said...

Fantastic clothes and you look beautiful in them! I remember seeing you on stage quite a few times in some of them and you always looked stunning (you still do, I hasten to add!) Kaye xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...