Friday 15 July 2011

A post including shoes & random things!

Hi all, hope you're all well!

I thought after all the doom and gloom from me of late I'd kick it up a notch.

As you all know I do some part time work for Lynsey the lovely Miss L Fire and her other company Shellys. I needed to go up to London to interview her for a piece I'm doing for a magazine, I'll let you know more about that nearer the time! I don't live far from London only 40 miles but don't get up as much as I used to, so now it's more of a treat than anything. I used to live there for a while and realised how little you appreciate such a beautiful city when it's just part of your everyday life.

So as I was having a wander around before my meeting I decided just to take it all in, and more importantly look up! I know this makes you look like a tourist, but hey I don't care, I don't think we appreciate the history and beauty around us sometimes

I just snapped off a couple of shots - I didn't want to look too like a tourist ;o) - of things I saw along the way.



It's these things that make London so well, London!

And now onto shoes as I know that's what you're all waiting for......

I arrived at the Miss L Fire offices and Lynsey and I had a great old chat, ok, erm interview! Sammi was there as well, I'm going to blog about all the lovely ladies who work there one day, I'll sneak up with my camera and do a tour, if you love shoes there is nothing that will make your heart jump more than walking into a lovely spacious loft like office with shoes displayed everywhere, yes people everywhere!!

Anyway I don't know if I explained before but when a shoe company first has their shoes produced they get a sample initially, and guess who is sample size, oh yes ME! Of course these can't be sold as they are samples and they are not sure if they will stand up to rigourous wear so these samples just pile up and pile up over the years, until some lucky soul takes them away, yep you guessed it!

There are not many things in life that get me more excited that shoes, I know that's a bit sad, but it's true and I'll admit it right here and now.

So I came home with 3 pairs of shoes & 2 pairs of boots, bear with me for the last pair of boots as there is a real story behind these!

First up is a lovely suede 40s style sling back heel, not too high, I'm a klutz in high shoes and super comfy, I'm already planning to make more brown items for my wardrobe just for these!


Next up is a super cute pair of 40s style heels again, not too high, and you know me I LOVE red shoes!




Then a lovely cute ankle strap low wedge for day to day wear, these are really lovely and I think they'll look great with skirts or trousers, I know I'll get a lot of wear out of these.

Then, and this is a bit of a peek, these fab boots which are Autumn/Winter collection not out til end of August! I don't have ANY boots and have really struggled with the last 2 terrible winters when I had to resort to wellies and many pairs of socks! They have a real Pendleton check look about them and I LOVE them!


And last but certainly not least are these fabulous cowboy boots! Now there is a tale to tell about these. They are not going into production - I know how sad is that! - and these were samples made up, so I am one of the only people with a pair! Well me and Sammi I think! I love them so much I can't tell you. I love vintage cowboy boots but I've never had a pair as although 40's/50's ones aren't too pointy they tend to lean towards a pointy toe, I do not suit pointy shoes of any type, I'm really short and they just make my feet look too long and clown like, so what I love about these is the rounded toe, it's almost like a bike boot/cowboy boot if you know what I mean.

Anyway I digress how lucky am I to be sample size eh?


So although my week has been like a rollercoaster whilst I try to wrap up my business there has been one massive ray of sunshine on Tuesday and some little rays of sunshine in between.

I'm in talks with a couple of people about other small projects I can undertake for them once I'm finished with Notorious Kitsch, and although closing my business is immensely stressful - I can't even tell you some of the stuff that has happened grrrrr - I see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel and what is nice is that all the people I'm talking to I would love to work with. I don't want to jinx anything by telling you who and what yet but hopefully something will come of both these opportunities!

Meantime I shall carry on with the stress and when things are bad look at my pretty shoes!!!

whoops nearly forgot, if you like Miss L Fire shoes, their sale starts today!!

23 comments:

Used-to-Bees said...

I am very happy that some loveliness came in to your week just when you needed it. And those shoes are adorable (and I'm not even a 'shoe' person!) Good luck with 'small projects' - hope they come to fruition.
x

Kitty said...

Hope things pick up for you soon! I know you haven't been able to buy yourself anything for ages so it must be lovely to have some freebies come you way,

Miss Magpie said...

Fingers crossed the tiny light turns massive. x

Tasha said...

Wow, what amazing shoes!! I don't usually wear heels (more a wedges girl myself) but I would totally wear those first two pair. And great boots! I could see them being really useful here in fall/winter. I will definitely look through those. I just got my first pair of Miss L Fire shoes and I ended up order 1/2 size bigger than my size since they didn't have them smaller (isn't that such a silly thing to do), so they are a wee bit big, but I LOVE them!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Ah, that is just the kind og nice luck you needed. They are all so lovely but I think I like the first pair the best xx

Kim said...

London and basically all the cities in the UK are beautiful! You are so fortunate.

I want all the shoes, but my favorites are the red ones. Wow, she is really talented.

Can't wait to read your article!

Vix said...

What wonderful luck, I hope this is only the start of a run of good things. I love all those shoes but the cowboy boots and the checked ones are my favourites. They are fabulously cool. x

Miss Rayne said...

That just fab after your previous bad news, and theres nothing wrong with getting excited about shoes.

Coedith said...

I am so happy for you! What a wonderful little "pick me up". I love all the shoes-but I think I would wear the ankle strap pair the most. I am taller than my husband and heels make me feel like a giant, so it is rare to see me in anything higher than that low wedge.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oh good news!

Life is indeed a roller coaster. I've discovered you can't control what comes at you, but you can control how you react to it.
:)

Ivy Black said...

Good news indeed. I love those shoes, especially the reds. Have a top weekend.
xxx

Vintage Coconut said...

Oh my such lovely shoes and boots!

I seriously like them all!
But my favrotites would have to be the red pair & the black with flowers.

=)

Eartha Kitsch said...

I think that nothing but good things are coming your way!

And wow, those shoes are just a start. I can't even talk about those boots. Okay, yes I can! Horseshoes and horsies!!!!!! (and then I pass out from sadness about how they're not going to be produced)

DearHelenHartman said...

The ankle strapies with the rosettes are divine and those boots!

Helga said...

Shoes make me postively frisky!! LOVE those red ones-I think red is my fave shoe colour!!
XXX

Unknown said...

I am so pleased to hear you had a lovely day you so needed it. And i am keeping my fingers crossed for you with regards to your next exciting projects and chapter in your life. Keep smiling. I love those red shoes how gorgeous are they ;-)) Enjoy them all. dee x

Dolly Cool Clare said...

When i worked at Underground, our sample size was 4, like most places - but we argued that we could not try them on for fit/comfort so we started making the sample size in a 6. Heh heh! Needless to say, I have quite a lot of shoes that are one offs that I designed!! ;)
Glad to hear that you have some promising irons in the fire, too :))

doradadama said...

I am so glad your feeling better, wishing you lots of prosperity with your projects hun.
what pretty shoes, red ones and cowboy boots are mi fave.
Best of luck amor

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Those red shoes are adorable! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks for your lovely comments all!

Clare good plan on getting them to chance to sample size ha ha!

And Tasha, if ever they don't have your size, mail me, sometimes they can get them for you, don't order the wrong size again lady!

Crafty Doll said...

Oh my, what lovely shoes. You are a very lucky gal! Don't even get me started on those awesome cowboy boots! Do you know why they aren't going into production? I'd love to own a pair of those. *sigh*

Gemma said...

ARGH! Oh to have mini feet, these are gorgeous. Also, I haven't been able to respond to your sad news about the shop closure till now. Just wanted to send my love and best wishes :) x

Retro Chick said...

Ooooh, those brown ones are delicious! I love them!

xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...