Saturday 12 March 2011

Bargainous Saturday!

I'm not sure bargainous is even a word but that's how it felt!

In the week I saw a very sweet wall light on ebay that I thought would be lovely for our bedroom, I've been on the lookout but didn't want to spend much, the minimum bid was 1p, yep you heard that right 1p not £1, but 1p and I WON!!! I had to pick up but it wasn't far away.

Anyway when I was emailing the seller he said I have a couple of others you might be interested in, see below for photos, I paid a whole £2 for all this, yep I reckon that's the biggest bargain around.

I got 4 wooden wall lights all with original shades, 1 wooden ceiling light with original matching shades, 1 brass ceiling fitting with no shades but I know you can find them and I wasn't going to turn it down as part of the package, and one very sweet original lampshade which is already up on my cocktail cabinet/lamp!

First up the reason I bought them, the 1p was for one set, but I have a pair now!


I also have a pair of these, although they are a little too ornate for my liking I'm sure I can find somewhere suitable!


Then there is the matching ceiling light!




I think the ceiling light and 2 of the wall lights are going to go up in the bedroom, can't wait!!

Then I got this thrown in, it needs a darn good clean and some shades but I'm not going to refuse!



And last but certainly not least this beautiful shade which looks just right on our cocktail cabinet, the fringe looks a little odd cos I washed it and couldn't wait for it to dry to put it up!!




So not bad huh? Quite a haul. The guy even offered me a 50s radiator as we left but it weighed a tonne and there was no way I would get it out of the car on my own, so I had to refuse, and sensibly I should have anyway as to fit a radiator would mean getting a plumber in and that free radiator wouldn't have really been free any more would it?!

I'm rather exhausted with amazement at his generosity. I have to say they said the old lady had died and they just moved in 6 weeks ago, I cannot imagine what furniture or whatever else she had in there that would have been amazing if she still had these light fittings up, oh lordy! They seemed to think we were slightly crazy to love all these stuff I did say if you find any more, let us know!!

11 comments:

Helga said...

Hurrah for great scores!Very glam indeed!
x

Scarlett said...

That is a serious bargain!! Well done you. Scarlett x

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

How fun! getting deals is part of the fun of vintage shopping! =D

Living Vintage said...

What a score. They look fabulous.

Vintage Coconut said...

Wow what a price!! =D

Jemima said...

1p oh my!! It's hard to find things starting at 0.99p on ebay that are any good, let alone 0.01p! Great finds :)

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Oh wow Fi, well done! That is karma for you, you deserved some good luck like that xx

Vix said...

I agree with Margaret, it's karma for all the troubles you've had recently. I love the lamp on top of the bar and that little brass chandelier would make for a groovy storage solution for necklaces. xxx

Miss Matilda said...

wow, they were meant for you xxx

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Hooray for mega bargains! You must be thrilled :)

Leprechauna said...

How crazy fun! Good for you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...