Sunday 13 February 2011

Finally on the mend!

I'm finally on the mend and oh boy does it feel good! Let me just say first of all if you have any inkling you have bronchitis get it seen to straight away I don't think I ever had anything that laid me so low for so long, horrible! I'm not 100% still coughing & rather lethargic but I'm well on my way!!

So this morning I thought I needed to cheer myself up, I didn't intend to go out as it's a thoroughly miserable rainy day here in the UK so I had a lovely hot shower, gave my face a good scrub and put on some make up for the first time in about 2 weeks! I rarely put make up on when I'm staying in the house all day but I just felt like it after being so low for so long.

I also put on my favourite summertime perfume - it reminds me of holidays - and jewellery, another thing I rarely do when I know I'm staying in the house! Here's my cute 50's cat brooch


Lovely 50's hooped earrings that I sadly rarely wear as they are screw backed and for some reason my ears don't much like screw backed earrings, they are forever falling off!


And me much happier than I've been for a good couple of weeks!


Please ignore the badly rolled fringe and dark under the eyes, there are some things a girl can't address still when recovering, oh and the fact that my hair need dying so badly! Still feeling feeling better will do me for now

And I have to give a very special mention to the lipstick, I won it! It's Besame Red, and I've wanted to try Besame lipstick for ages but just couldn't justify spending when I'm broke and I have plenty red lipstick, but when you win it, it would be rude not to try it out!! I won on the lovely Retrochick's blog, she's a doll! Of course the prize was donated by the equally lovely What Katie Did, thanks Katie! I have to say I love it, I love how it goes on, it smells nice and as far as longevity is concerned, don't know yet, it didn't survive my veggie burger at lunchtime but I doubt much would have!




Later this afternoon I intend to indulge in a small amount of this....



One should always celebrate emerging from hideousness with a cocktail!

As you know I've been looking on ebay and etsy like crazy while I've been incapacitated so I thought I'd share a pair of shoes I would buy in a heartbeat if I had the cash, they're my size too, sigh....



How amazing are they? If you're this size and have money you can find them here. They have 9 hours to go and still at a reasonable price but I bet they won't stay that way!

Also whilst I was trawling I found this



How fab is this? And you know what's worse, we used to have this trio and because we couldn't find anything else in this pattern we got rid of it, oh how I regret it, it is such a fabulous pattern, ah well!

I also decided this weekend after reading some of my favourite bloggers talking about it so much laterly that I would start knitting again, my mum is a genius knitter so I will still get her to whip up sweaters like nobodys business but I really thought I ought to give it a go. So I'm going to start something easy to begin with, here is the pattern.



Thanks to By Gum By Golly, Snoodlebug and the very lovely Jenny from Yesterday Girl for the kick up the backside I needed!

I'll let you all know how I get on, I need to get the wool first but I'll get started this week, I'm slow so it could be a while, note I'm knitting a summer sweater ;o)

24 comments:

Zootsuitmama said...

So glad you are feeling better! The pix are lovely! My sis has pnuemonia right now, and a lot of people seem to be down with respiratory stuff! How could any germs live in this cold? Well, take care...and I want that lipstick!

Perdita Tinsel said...

So nice to hear you're feeling better. I agree about seeing the doc right away for bronchitis...I ignored mine a couple of years back and ended up in A&E!!!

You look fabulous in those photos- very glam!

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Glad you are feeling better - you look very glam on your pics! Its nice to dress up sometimes, even when not leaving the house!
Love that crockery - eek! The little planets! :)

Ivy Black said...

Glad to hear your on the mend. It's such a nasty thing to have...I know six people who have gone down with it since December. Still, it's on the way out and you look fab!xxx

Vix said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. You look gorgeous, I can't see any dark circles from here. The lippie is fabulous, well done on winning it. xxx

LandGirl1980 said...

Welcome back to the land of the living! Congrats lipstick winning compadre! I have yet to try mine out. Nifty shoes! :)

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Wow I've never seen a pattern like that stars and planets cup and saucers!

Wheee so glad you feel better!

Jemima said...

Glad you are on the mend now. I was a winner too and I picked that shade, I love it as well! Smells fab. Gorgeous shoes and crockery. x

Crafty Doll said...

The Besame Red lipstick looks fab on you! Sorry to hear you had bronchitis, but glad you're better. Those shoes and crockery are drool worthy! It's great that you're going to give knitting another try. There are just too many beautiful vintage patterns to knit, yet so little time. Looking forward to seeing your future knitted creations!

Miss Magpie said...

Jeez you call those shadows under the eyes? you ain't seen nothing and I don't even have the excuse of illness!
Glad to hear you are feeling better. :-)

oh I feel it only fair to let you know that when I come over and steal your monkey fabric that cat brooch is coming with me too!

Rosie Alia said...

Glad you are finally feeling better! That lipstick looks lovely on you! Well done on winning it! xxx

Kitty said...

Aw how sweet is that photo of you! And I LOVE that trio. Good to hear you're feeling better.xx.

Kally said...

So that's why the trio went above my price range! I'd been watching it since the hour it was listed but it was snatched from my grasp... boo I say, boo.

Glad you're feeling better! It's horrible to be laid low when you have a business to run, you must be so glad to be back on your feet :)

Lisa said...

Shoes ended up going for almost $300...! Gosh, they were so cute though. I like your cat pin, too. Glad you're back in the blogging saddle and feeling better!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear your feeling better, You have such a beautiful complexion and the red lipstick really suits you. WOW knitting that gorgeous jumper can't wait to see that, its funny how its catching on again ;-)) Blogland is great for that i feel. I love that trio what a stunning design and those shoes....have a great week, dee x

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Glad you are feeling better Fi, I hgave to say your skin is looking lovely right now. The little cup set is delish, what a shame you got rid of the others! x

Vintage Christine said...

I've been thinking about learning to knit and I just might do it. Even when Mom was deep into her Alzheimers she still "kind of" remembered her knitting skills and every once in awhile she'd actually get several stitches put together! Her severe arthritis tripped her up unfortunately. Isn't it funny how a new tube of lipstick can make us feel so much better? Glad you're on the road to recovery!

Retro Chick said...

Glad you're feeling better.

The lipstick really suits you! I found it really long lasting as long as I didn't eat anything like a big greasy burger ;o)

Tasha said...

Yay for re-catching the knitting bug!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

You look wonderful in that photo, sick, well or otherwise! Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

Tara said...

So, so happy you are on the mend! You look smashing in Besame Red! It is gorgeous on you! Your hair looks cute too! And how cool is that atomic planet trio set?! I am sucker for all things starburst and atomic! Your earrings and bar set are lovely too!

Tallulah May Vintage Socialite. said...

So pleased to hear that you are finally on the mend, poor you, never the less you look lovely in your photo dark circles, what dark circles I could not see any.
It always amazed me how a perfume can lift the spirt and lips stick can make you feel just glam.
Remember the road to recovery is often a slow one.

DearHelenHartman said...

What a nice post today - loved the ambition (knitting!) and the glam and that cup and saucer and plate - is it toooo corny to say out of this world? Loved my visit today.

Sarsaparilla said...

Fun post! Obviously, your sense of humor is back!

That photo of you is adorable...

Best Hair Wax said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better now. :) Hope you won't get sick anytime soon. By the way, I think you looked great in your photos. I love your hairstyle. I think you did an amazing job with the rolled fringe. All the best to you! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...