Saturday 7 August 2010

Whoo hoo I did it!

Another thing crossed off my renovation to do list for the summer!

The bathroom is done, well nearly, I do have a couple of small projects in it still but mostly it's done.

It needs a few more cute things in there, maybe a plant, more chalkware but pretty much it's done, oh and I think I need to line the curtains now they're up, I really don't want that fabulous fabric to fade!

Here's the pics!

First up the curtains I made, with the blinds that I have had for years and haven't put up til now, plus lovely picture of a Vargas girl


Here's the curtains closed, it's a bit of a dark picture but after it I've put a close up of the fabric, it looks stripey cos the blind is showing through! But how fabulous is it?




Next up a bit more detail of the mirror and the curtains open.



Next up, my nemesis! Yes that is the black cupboard that I tried to put up for over a week and in the end had to ask my mate to help me, I wasn't doing anything wrong, it was simply one screw was too short, if I'd figured that out I could have done it myself, ah well, next time! I know for something that tormented my life for a whole week it doesn't look much does it? Actually it's solid wood, a good size and I got it for 99p on ebay! I painted it black, it needs another coat & I'm going to replace the knobs for something fancier, but I'm pretty pleased with my bargain, it's far nicer than horrible modern bathroom storage!


Next up is a smaller cabinet which is actually a repro but I think it's pretty good for repro and a fab chalkware fish, oh yes I need to paint the door and I have no idea what that plastic thing is on the door!



And here's a closer look at the fish


I'm very happy with my work, it's been frustrating, annoying and tormenting, but it's done!

So that is one more job ticked off my to do list, I can't believe it, you know these projects have been waiting to get done for so long now. That's the kitchen & bathroom now both pretty much done, I won't deny there is still some stuff to do in both but they are looking good!!

Now I'm going to have a rest for the rest of the day, then who know what I'll start tackling tomorrow!

20 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Amazzzzing! Oh gosh and what a fantastic way to make vintage curtains if you don't quite have enough material! It would have never occurred to me to add a matching color cloth and combine it as part of the plan (not sure this was your issue, but it certainly is clever!).

Love the green, the Vargas, the chalkware...

Bravo! Fantastic job!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Ah thank you! Yes forgot to mention, that was exactly the issue I didn't have enough fabric and so used some matching cotton to frame it, it was hard to get a match they are very vintage colours!

Atomic Mama said...

Fabulous job!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Clever you... I may use this very same trick! Thanks!

Kim said...

It looks adorable! the fish are so cute.

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Oh wow! I love those curtains and your paint color! I'm also really curious...is your shower/bath round?? I see a little bit of a curve in one of your pictures. Well done...I love when I get to cross off a renovation on my list!

MaryD =)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks all!

The shower is curved yes, actually I was thinking I should show some before & after shots like you did, you think your house was a horror you should have seen ours! Mind you, there wasn't much wood!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. STM! You DID do it. Damn, looking great! Loveeeee the sea mist green of your walls, the curtains, the mirror set-up, and especially the Vargas. I loveeeee Vargas, and in particular, his red heads. LOL.

Honest to goodness, job more than well done. How would you say, "Dynamite!" in Britain? ;)

Kitty said...

Awesome, love the black! Well done you!

Eartha Kitsch said...

It all looks great! I love the colors and all of the details - and yay! that cabinet did not defeat you. You are getting it done!

Andi B. Goode said...

The curtains look great!
-Andi x

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks Ladies, looked fab this morning when I stumbled in there half asleep ;o)

Miss Matilda said...

well done, it's truly beautiful xxx

In The Heyday said...

Nice Curtains!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thank you lovelies!

Anonymous said...

Cheerio, Mrs.! Hope you are well and happy today!

Heidi said...

Job well done! Love the green color.. and the Varga girl of course;)

Tara said...

Lovely beyond lovely! The paint color is gorgeous!

Charlotte said...

The curtain fabric is just tooo amazing! Great job.

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks ladies, you are too kind. I love the fabric too it's great isn't it and yes I love the colour of the walls, I should do a proper before and after shot as the walls go with the tiles in the shower!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...