Wednesday 4 August 2010

Thinking about sweaters, yes already!

It was a bit chilly last night, I mean it's still summer and I'm sure we're still going to have plenty of hot weather to come but it got me to thinking about my favourite time of year Autumn.

I love digging out my cute sweaters and feeling a bit snuggly in them!

I'm very lucky I have a mum who knits, she's copies 40's and 50's patterns for me and so I always have an abundance of sweaters, so I rarely buy but I've been eyeing up Rocket Originals sweaters for some time now. Of course it doesn't help that we are often on a stall next to them at events or share an apartment at events, so I get to see it all and get tempted.

However what I do love is their new cotton mix sweaters, the ones my mum makes are usually wool or acrylic so initially when there's just a slight chill in the air they're just a bit too warm, but these are nice and light so I'm thinking I may have to invest!

I love this one



I particularly love the neckline, how fabulous, and red too, my favourite!

Then there's this one too


oooh I think I need one of these too!

They're a great price at £30, I think that's a bargain! Oh and for all those ladies who read from overseas I know they ship worldwide, so enjoy...



It's time to start getting some new sweaters knit by mum, I just won the above pattern on ebay for 99p again, so I'll be getting that done, but in the meantime, Rocket Originals sweaters might be the way to go!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I've been eyeing those Rocket Originals aswell...
Lucky you to have a skilled knitting mum, custom made is always better;)

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Hmmm my sister is a great knitter - you have just given me a great idea of what she can make me for my Xmas pressie! I'm off to hunt for patterns :)

Ivy Black said...

I've been looking at them too ! I've got my eye on the red one and as you say, £30 is a bargain. You are lucky to have a super knitter. My gran used to knit my sweaters and she'd kept all her patterns from the Forties and Fifties so it was bliss.
x

In The Heyday said...

ohh I love that pattern! good find!

Kim said...

Thank you!

Charlotte said...

I wish I could knit - I have all these amazing knitting patterns in my vintage magazines that BEG to be knitted up. I love the red, white and blue Victory sweater by Rocket, I don't know if it's still available.

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I see we're all thinking about sweaters then, I'm not alone!!

I think the Victory sweater has sold out unfortunately :o(

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I know Shona, expect to see me in it at the Rhythm Riot or somewhere similar!

IvyBlack - I know I'm lucky I'm far too impatient to knit I sew cos even it it takes a while sometimes it takes nowhere near as long as knitting!

Kim - I'm assuming that's thanks I'm off to buy one ;o)

Shelby said...

These are great looking sweaters! Very stylish and would be perfect to wear out on a casual weekend day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...