Wednesday 4 August 2010

Oh My Lord look what I found!


15 yards/13 metres of 1950's curtain material, like brand new, laying in a charity shop!!

I have to say they did know it's worth, it wasn't cheap, but nevertheless I bought it and I'm going to sell it as I have nowhere right now to put it and honestly I don't need any more material in my stash. I bought it to sell it cos again as I said it wasn't cheap but I wanted someone to own it who would love it and use it, how often do you find mint condition 1950s curtain material. I nearly hyperventilated right there in the shop, I'm surprised an ambulance wasn't called he he! The colours are so vibrant it was like it was made yesterday! I know too many exclamation marks but come on, how good is this?

Here's another shot


Can you believe material survives with such vibrancy?

Anyway as I said I've put it on ebay straight away otherwise I WILL keep it, and it will sit in my stash for 10 years, like the other 2 sets of curtains I've finally made recently! So if you're interested, and let's face it who wouldn't be, click here. I really want this to go to a great home!

I also picked up some other vintage fabric but these were a steal!

First up 1950s Taffeta type material in lilac shot through with silver and 5.5 metres, honestly how I survived this place I do not know.



This didn't photograph so well but use your imagination!

And then this, amazing vintage subtle tropical pattern material, again loads of it!Oh my!



So I am one very amazed person who is now addicted to charity shops all over again ha ha!




14 comments:

Helen Highwater said...

Woweee, what amazing finds!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

It's always sooo exciting to find those treasures!

Yesterday Girl said...

You are damn good at finding things in charity shops lady! x

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I'm a bit gobsmacked I have to say, I had to leave some barware there too as I didn't have enough cash :o(

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Excellent finds! Im always on the look out for fabric - but I only ever see 80's horror florals!

Miss Matilda said...

Well played madam!! xx

Charlotte said...

Those are fabulous! Great finds!

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

Straight Talking Mama! said...

This charity shop is looking like a good find, but I'm keeping it to myself :o) The lady in there said she gets a lot of old fabric!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Superlative finds, Mrs.!! GORGEOUS

Tara said...

I love the colour vibrancy of the fabrics! I recently was trying to find vintage Eames era starburst fabric to make living room curtains and what I did find on Etsy (and didn't end up getting) was super expensive!

Nevertheless, the red fabric is just lovely! Congrats on your brilliant finds!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks, yep the curtain fabric is amazing just don't need it for me.

Zootsuitmama said...

Oh man, that makes me crazy to decorate for Fall! I love these colors and that pattern is really unusual! Cool find. Zootsuitmama

Juddie said...

oh! .... *gasp!* ..... *swoon!*

you lucky devil.

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Aw thanks :o) And hello!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...