Tuesday 3 August 2010

I can't do it!


But I can't do it :o(

This is not a phrase that utters forth from me very often, I am one of those people that truly believes if you put your mind to something you can do it. I guess I was brought up that way, I rarely come across stuff I can't do and when I do it shocks and annoys the hell out of me!

What is my problem I hear you ask?

Well as you know I'm tackling all the projects that I haven't got around to finishing over the summer and I just tried to do something, and I messed up, and I need help but really don't have anyone who can help, I have a really good friend who helps out sometimes but I hate asking cos he's so busy.

The thing is when it comes to heavy and awkward, it's really hard to do with one person, obviously my husband can't help, so it's down to me and today I found one of my 'can't do' spots. I've already hung one small cupboard in the bathroom, but this bigger heavier one I'm struggling with BIG TIME! Also putting up the blinds in there, oh boy me and my husband had a huge row on Friday over that, I can tell you that cos we rarely row, it was one of those I'm so angry and frustrated at myself cos I can't do it so you buster will have to get it in the neck, he didn't take it laying down he he!

I never concentrate on what I can do, but what I can't do, I've done loads in this house and I'm pretty handy, but grrr when I can't do something it frustrates the hell out of me. I can't afford a handyman, so that's out of the question, so what do you guys do in this situation?

Maybe I just need to calm down and rethink it tomorrow.....

11 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I have a huge, heavy colonial revival table Mom bought vintage about 30 years ago. While it's a "period piece", I just do NOT like the style.

There it sits, in my living room, big and dark and oh so very heavy.

I think I can buy some 'furniture movers', little flat platforms on wheels, sold at the hardware store, but rolling it out of the house across two thresholds and into the Studio/garage will be epic. =(

I've considered sawing it up into small chunks to get it out myself.

And

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oops what was that ^^^ "And" for I have no idea lol, all I can say is, I feel your pain. =(

Straight Talking Mama! said...

thanks for feeling my pain, it does help and I hate to moan but sometimes, grrrr

Anonymous said...

Oh, STM... I am sorry to hear of your tribulations. I too get a little "bent out of shape" when hubby and I get into a "row" about something or other. I can't stand discord... So at the very least, know that I empathise with you... Hugs and love...

Straight Talking Mama! said...

oh we made up straight away, I was just frustrated about not being able to do something really and then that all came back today!

Yesterday Girl said...

I'm sure you can do it really. Just give your self a couple of days break and then go back to it. Women can perform miracles. Failing that...get a man in! xxx

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Every time we do anything such as paint, wallpaper, do the garden, we ALWAYS argue. Its just one of those things isnt it?! You know that (very heavy) 50s vanity I got the other week - I can't tell you how we argued getting it up our very steep, narrow stairs! Arrrgghhhhh!!!
I think you will have to give up for now until a freind can come and help you. Its not worth hurting your back over :)

Kim said...

You should invite your friend to dinner, and then when he's nice and full, ask him to help you hang the cabinet...or just call him and ask him to help and in exchange you will make him dinner :-)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks ladies, I'm going to have another go today, wish me luck!

DCC I love that you argue every time you do stuff like that, we do too, yet we rarely argue any other time ha ha!

Ah Kim, he only lives next door, so it would be weird if invited him for dinner :o)

Eartha Kitsch said...

I agree. A friend...or a neighbor. Don't go hurting yourself with something heavy now! You're on too good of a roll! :)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

thanks hon, I might give it another go today I got all excited over my charity shop finds yesterday!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...