Wednesday 21 April 2010

Just like buses....

No posts for days then 2 come along at once!

Well actually I'm away again for a couple of days so I thought I'd get another post in before I go.

What prompted this post, well slowly but surely I am getting rid a lot of my vintage stuff, clearly not all of it, cos I love it, but I have clothes that haven't fit me since the dinosaurs were around! My biggest problem is I hang on to things for sentimental reasons too, clearly in many ways this is rubbish as I realise I have a house full of clothes & other stuff for no reason! So I'm trying to address this issue, as I've said before I think anyone who loves vintage has a hoarding mentality so it's hard!
So I've posted more stuff up on ebay, and though you might like a peek and the little back stories!!


Ah this is one of my favourite suits of years gone by! It has lots of happy memories, the most vivid is attending the most glamourous wedding I ever have, some friends married in Montreux in Switzerland, it was one of those fabulous weddings you attend where you are really glad you're already married cos you could not have topped it! However it hasn't fit me for soooo many years now it's time to say bye bye, I really hope it finds a new happy home, and has more adventures with it's new owner!



Ok these aren't very girly but they are amazing, 5 (actually I have 6!) matching 1950s original never worn pink ties! What a find! I bought them for my band, we were going to have silver grey suits made for the guys and obviously the ties would look great with them. Sadly life changed and got in the way and we never used them. I would really love these to go as a job lot to a band, but I've listed them seperately. When would you ever find 6 identical never worn ties from the 50s?



This was another favourite, not glam, not sparkly but I used to love wearing this with a brown pair of trousers and some brown and cream saddle shoes, now where the saddle shoes went I'll never know!

If you're interested in any of this stuff it's here along with loads more, jewellery, clothes, and some slightly strange mad stuff too ha ha! I'll be listing more, one day it will be done!

3 comments:

Yesterday Girl said...

Lovely stuff, I want to start a band just so I can get some good looking guys to wear those ties! x

Kim @ The Girl Can't Help It said...

Lovely suit! And the ties are pretty kickass too! Off to check out the rest of your ebay treats!...

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks guys, yeah I know I'm so sad my vision for the ties didn't happen!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...