Sunday 17 January 2010

I'm back!

Yes really I am, and I promise to post more often in 2010!

Apart from swearing that I would post more often to my blog, I also promised myself that I would sew more often in 2010. I love sewing, I find it really therapeutic, but I spent so much time last year building my business http://www.notoriouskitsch.co.uk/ that I neglected myself and doing things just for enjoyment.

I've spent the last couple of weeks sorting through my fabric and patterns, yes it's taken me that long.

Today I sorted my fabric and rediscovered some fantastic prints that I have which I really must get around to doing something with, I'll let you know as I get round to it.

I didn't have a whole heap of time once I had done that, but I found a scrap of fabric my husband loves, he's got a laptop bag in it, and I thought, hello, there looks like there is enough here to make him a wallet. I made it, it's a bit rough, and the next one I try will definately be more refined, contain more credit card pockets and be finished off better but he's really happy!

So here it is my first attempt!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fab wallet, i love that material. Look forward to seeing more posts.

Kim @ The Girl Can't Help It said...

So cute! That's really cool- I wanna see you make more! xoxo

Straight Talking Mama! said...

thanks Ladies I will definately post more & definately make more.

need to tweak this layout I hate it!

Helen Highwater said...

That is very ingenious!

I recently bought a miniature sewing machine from Urban Outfitters of all places - I have some awesome 50s fabric, but I can't bear to cut it up. It'll be a fab curtain once I've done it, but... poor fabric! No... I must be brave. I must think of the curtain, and the portiere curtain rail. And the bloody draft that comes in round my front door....

Straight Talking Mama! said...

ah Helen I feel the same I hate cutting up fabulous fabric, but that's kinda the point, do it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...